Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Week #3- The End Complete...

Well, the final two games of week #3 were kind of a good news, bad news situation.  The bad news is I went 1-1, losing a game I was pretty confident about.  The good news is I won the final game of my 4 game parlay, going a perfect 4-0 this week.  Not too shabby.  Here's how it shook out...

Game #15-
(-2) Jets- 31 @ Dolphins- 23
     Well, there were more points scored in this game than I anticipated, but the outcome was just as I predicted.  For two straight weeks, Mark Sanchez has played a really good football game, throwing for 256 yards and 3 touchdowns.  Other than week 1 against Baltimore, Sanchez has looked pretty good against good football teams (New England, Miami).  I'm not ready to add him to my fantasy team yet, but so far it looks like he's side stepping the sophomore slump.  On the other side of the ball, Brandon Marshall had a great game (166 yds, 1 td), but the defense just couldn't stop Dustin Keller (98 yds, 2 tds) and Braylon Edwards (87 yds, 1 td...and how many times can we say someone COULDN'T stop Braylon Edwards?).
RESULT- Jets win AND cover (10-5, 10-5)

Game #16-
Packers- 17 @ (-3) Bears- 20
     Wow, was I wrong on this game.  As I said before, I expected Green Bay to march into Chicago and totally destroy the Bears.  Watching the game and looking at the stats, the Pack beat them in almost all statistical categories (Total yards, first downs, time of possession), but were eventually doomed by the two things that doomed most of the losing teams this week...turnovers and special teams.  Why anyone kicks to Devin Hester is beyond me.  He's the best return man in the history of the NFL and for some reason, stubborn ass coaches think their special teams unit will be the one to stop him.  Time and time again he proves them wrong.  Overall, I'm still not convinced the Bears are a great team, but if they continue to find ways to win football games, I may have to eventually change my tune.
RESULT- Bears win AND cover (10-6, 10-6)

So, 10-6 is pretty respectable, but I'm royally stoked about going 4-0 in my parlay picks.  Let's hope the trend continues into week #4.

No comments:

Post a Comment