Nothing like finishing up the day going 2-3 straight up and 1-4 against the spread. Just a terrible day all around. At this point, I'm ready to forget week 4 even happened and move on to week 5 as quickly as possible.
Game #9-
Colts- 31 @ (-7.5) Jaguars- 28
NostraDonley didn't see this one in the slightest. The Colts' defense must be worse than I thought because that's the only way to explain a 1-2 team that averages 13 points a game putting up 28 points for the win. Peyton Manning has to be pissed right now. He goes out there and throws for 352 yards and 2 scores only to have the defense let him down in a big way. The Jags won on a last second 59 yard field goal, so my opinion of them hasn't really changed, but after watching this game, I think a whole lot less of the Colts as a team.
RESULT- Jaguars win AND cover (4-5, 3-6)
Game #10-
Texans- 31 @ (-3) Raiders- 24
I think this game was closer than most thought it would be, but unfortunately for me, it wasn't close enough to cover the spread. Just as I figured they would, the Raider defense slowed down Matt Schaub and the Texans passing game, but the 31st ranked Raider run defense let Arian Foster rumble for 131 and a score. As I said in the original post, I thought the outcome of this game would boil down to Darren McFadden and his ability to run the football. The Texans successfully shut him down and got the win.
RESULT- Texans win AND cover (5-5, 3-7)
Game #11-
(-8.5) Cardinals- 10 @ Chargers- 41
I think the Cardinals and 49ers are battling to see who can finish last in the NFC West and claim the title as worst team in the NFC. The Chargers beat this team like a drum, once again putting up over 400 yards of total offense. It seems like San Diego's running backs are still afflicted with funbleitis, but they were able to overcome the drop 6 and put up 41 on a Cards defense ranked 26th in the NFL. I was pretty sure the Chargers would roll, but as I said earlier, I'm staying away from this team for the rest of the season.
RESULT- Chargers win AND cover (6-5, 4-7)
Game #12-
(-6) Redskins- 17 @ Eagles- 12
This is one of those "unforeseen circumstances" I was referring to in the original post. Had Michael Vick not gotten injured, would the outcome have changed? Who knows? I have a feeling the Eagles would have put up more than 12 points, but that's a moot point. They didn't and lost the game in McNabb's return to Philly. Speaking of the Eagles' former QB, he didn't put very good numbers (125 yards, 1td), but did enough to seal the win. For the Eagles' sake, I hope Michael Vick returns soon, or they'll have a lot of 12 point games to look forward to.
RESULT- Redskins win AND cover (6-6, 4-8)
Game #13-
(-4) Bears- 3 @ Giants- 17
Two easy ways to slow down a passing attack...1. Concuss the starting quarterback and 2. Blow up the offensive line and sack the quarterback 10 times. The Bears looked a lot less like a 3-0 team (fraud) and more like the team I expected them to be in this game. On top of great defense, the Giants also rumbled for 189 yards against a Bears team that before this game was only allowing 60 yards on the ground a game. I guess that explains why the Giants were the favorites this week.
RESULT- Giants win AND cover (6-7, 4-9)
4 Game Parlay Picks:
Jets (+5.5) over Bills- WIN
Colts (+7.5) over Jaguars- LOSS
Bears (-4) over Giants- LOSS
Eagles (+6) over Redskins- LOSS
No comments:
Post a Comment